Creating a Render View Fly-though
This Tech Tip explains how to generate a fly-through visualisation for presentation purposes
Start by opening a drawing which has 3D elements such as 3D buildings or 3D roads and terrain.
- Draw the path that you want to fly along. For example you could draw a polyline at an elevation of 100 metres.
- Go to View >Render View, then right-click and choose Flythrough.
- Set up your flythrough path by clicking Add in the Flythrough dialog. Then click on the polyline you just drew in the drawing.
- Set the Speed input to 1000 mmm/s, Sight distance at 1000mm and the Height above path at about 100mm. Then tick Hide camera path.
- Click the Run Flythrough button.
While in the animated fly-through you can press SPACE
to pause, or Esc